1st International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Management”
Saturday the 4th June, 2016
The Institution of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Centre in collaboration with NED University of Engineering and Technology has arranged 1st International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Management followed by Panel Discussion on Saturday the 4th June, 2016.
The Seminar started from recitation of Holy Quran. Engr. Prof. Dr.S.F.A. Rafeeqi presented his welcome address. The Keynote lecture was presented by Prof. Dr. Heekwan Lee, Professor, Incheon National University, Korea. Engr. Prof. Dr. Sarosh Hashmat Lodi Dean, Civil Engineering and Architecture, NEDUET presented the vote of thanks. The Inaugural session was concluded followed by Hi-Tea.
The Conference was spread over 3 Technical Sessions as follows:
1. 1st Technical Session on “Air Pollution, Climate Changes and Environmental Sustainability”
2. 2nd Technical Session on “Environmental Legislation (Panel Discussion) conducted by IEP Karachi Centre Women Engineers Committee.
3. 3rd Technical Session on “Wastewater Engineering and Municipal Waste Management.
The event formally came to an end with the concluding remarks by Prof. Dr. Asif Ahmed Shaikh, Chairman, Department of Environmental Engineering, NEDUET.
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
- More than 100 delegates participated from various organizations/Universities including members of the Local Council.
- The Seminar carried 1.0 CPD points.
Engr.Ayaz Mirza, FIE(Pak)
IEP Karachi Centre
4th Floor, IEP Building, 177/2, Liaquat Barracks,
Opp: Hotel Regent Plaza, Shahrah-e-Faisal,
Tel: 021-32780233, 32781492,